In the gaming world, there has always been a clash between gamers. The main reason being is whether they should use PCs for gaming or consoles. (PC gaming vs console gaming) A video game console is an electronic, digital or computer device that outputs a video signal or visual image to display a video game that one or more people can play. Its sole purpose is to be used for gaming. Tasks like editing, video playback, music playback, etc can’t be done on them.
Yet there are consoles that support video and audio playback, but they are not as good as laptops or PC’s when looked from a multimedia consumer point of view. A gaming PC or a personal computer is a device that is mostly used for gaming. The main reason why they are developed is for playing high-end games. They are like the powerful beasts that can output high video graphical signals. They are both superior at their jobs.
PC gaming Vs Console gaming
Pros of Console gaming
- They are far more cheap as compared to good hardware laptops. Although they are cheaper than them yet they deliver an outstanding performance when it comes to gaming. On an average, a good gaming laptop is 2x the cost of a console.
- Two users can play a game simultaneously on a gaming console. In some games, there are also multiplayer modes in which two or more gaming pads are required.
- The reason why people buy up a console is for the console-style gaming. The console-style serves you with an extremely smooth user interface which delivers a dynamic impact on the usage of these.
- They give you exclusive titles as well. There are some games that are only provided in consoles, but on the other hand, there are some games that are only provided in gaming PCs.
Cons of Console gaming
- To use these consoles, you always have to connect it to a big screen, tv or a monitor.
- We can’t perform different varieties of tasks as we can perform in laptops. These are limited to certain tasks only like gaming, music and video playback, etc.
- Less customization / modding options for both games and the hardware itself. They are limited to the manufactured hardware in between them.
Pros of PC gaming
- They are more portable as compared to gaming consoles. You can take them anywhere with ease. Gaming laptops can fit in your briefcase, your travel bag.
- A LOT OF GAMES are available for PCs. We have Steam (Gaming Software). Seriously, we can choose from a large variety of gaming titles.
- PC Style gaming… KB + mouse, way better options for RTS / MMO style gaming. The old school wins here.
- It Can be used for more things besides just gaming. You can watch movies, listen to music, do calculations, save your important files, do editing, and much more.
Thank you for reading our blog. I hope you like this comparison between pc gaming vs console gaming. Don’t forget to comment your thoughts down below.